Do You Need a License?
Whenever you record a song that someone else wrote, you need to get permission from the copyright holders. This is true even if you are giving away your recording. Getting permission involves contacting the copyright holders for each song and it can be a real pain if you haven't done a lot of this. When you hire Easy Song Licensing, they take care of everything for you.
How It Works:
The Easy Song Licensing Difference:
- Contact Easy Song Licensing to discuss your project and about the songs you want to license
- For expedited delivery immediate payment is required. Or, you can wait for Easy Song Licensing to research your songs before buying.
- Easy Song Licensing accepts payment online and over the phone with a credit card.
- After payment is received Easy Song Licensing will follow the Compulsory Law to obtain your mechanical licensing. Under this law, the copyright holder cannot refuse the license, which makes it possible for them to license any song.
- You will get Proof of Licensing in your email in 1-2 business days. This is what you will need to provide to Disc Makers as proof that you have legally cleared your song(s).
Easy Song Licensing Pricing and Fees:
- Legally release your new version of any song, quickly and easily in 1-2 business days.
- You can talk to a real person who will handle everything for you.
- You get Proof of Licensing in your email, and each request is securely saved online.
- $14.99 fee per format per song, plus royalties.
- All royalties go to the copyright holder. Royalties vary by format.
- Licensing more than just a song or two? Inquire about Easy Song Licensing’s volume discounts.
Need to find out if your cover song is "Public Domain"?
Visit PD Info to find out.