12" and 7" vinyl manufacturing
Quality 150 gram American-made vinyl recordsGet pricing
Choose your premium vinyl package
Want 45 RPM records, spines or gatefold packaging?Customize your vinyl
Other quantities and options available, including 45 RPM records, jackets with spines, gatefold jackets, and full-color inner sleeves.
Why Disc Makers is the only choice for your vinyl record pressing
- We offer the fastest turn times in the business — 10-12 weeks from start to finish.
- We offer high-quality 150 gram American-made vinyl, pressed on vintage Hamilton presses.
- Your choice of 7" & 12", black, mixed, or colored vinyl
- Free SoundLAB master screening.
- We offer the quietest black vinyl ever used in production.
- Unparalleled customer service. Call or email us any time with any questions!
- Packaging options galore. Get full-color Euro Jackets without a spine, standard Record Jackets with a spine (12" only) or gatefolds with a pocket.
Important vinyl information
Vinyl formats and colors
- All 7" and 12" records are available in your choice of standard black, random color, or colored vinyl
- 7" and 12" records are the only sizes available at this time.
- For colored vinyl you can choose:
Transparent vinyl: red, blue, orange/gold, green, crystal clear, and coke clear.
Opaque vinyl: blue, red, violet, & yellow
- If you choose mixed color or random color then you are leaving the color of your records to chance. Any possible combination of colors could be mixed or used. Every record could be the same swirl of colors, or they could all be different. They might be red with purple polka dots or they may be dark colors or bright colors. Each record color will be a surprise, but that's the fun of choosing random color records!
- All records (12" and 7") come with the standard small 1/4" center hole.
- All records are engraved in the dead wax area with the Disc Makers assigned matrix number and the master cutting engineers initials. Should a side need to be recut for any reason there will also be a revision date and possibly a revision reference e.g. RE1 or RE2 engraved in the dead wax area.
Vinyl record weights:
- Standard weight for a 12" record averages between 140 and 150 gram, although the final weight is determined by your master content and vinyl color.
- 180 gram is available for 12" formats in black vinyl only.
- 12" 180 gram run closer to 190 gram for most records.
- The average weight for a 7" record is 40 gram.
Record speeds and allowable program times per side:
- Please note that the longer your vinyl program is (i.e. the more minutes per side) the lower the volume of your records will be. This is due to the fact that in order to fit more music on the record, the grooves need to be closer together and shallower.
- Recommended maximum program lengths:
12" 33 1/3 RPM — 22 minutes per side.
12" 45 RPM — 15 minutes per side.
7" 33 1/3 RPM — 6 minutes per side.
7" 45 RPM — 4.5 minutes per side.
We recommend 45 RPM for 7"records. While 33 1/3 RPM are possible they are sometimes prone to distortion. As a rule it's always better to come in a minute or two under the available time to ensure the best playback of the program.
To achieve quality vinyl production we recommend using a mastering house with significant vinyl mastering experience to prepare your supplied masters. Disc Makers has been offering vinyl post-production mastering for over 60 years. Click here for more information.
Packaging and record label information:
- 12" Euro style record jackets without a spine printed on 15pt white boards.
- 12" Standard record jackets with a spine printed on 20pt white boards.
- 7" jackets include full-color printing
- 7" and 12" gatefold jackets come with a right hand pocket.
- 7" gatefold record pockets open into the package and not outward.
- 12" gatefold record pockets open outward and not into the package.
- All Record Jackets include aqueous coating.
- All 7" and 12" projects come standard with plain white inner sleeves. Full color-printed inner sleeves are available for 12" projects only.
- All inner sleeves are on uncoated stock, including our color-printed inner sleeves. This is because the uncoated sleeves are more durable and hold up better to wear and tear.
- Record labels are printed on uncoated stock. Gloss label stock is not available.
Vinyl record production turn times:
- Manufacturing of vinyl projects range from 16 to 22 weeks from start to finish depending on the time of year. Please refer to our pricing page for the most current turn time.
- Estimated production turn times are not guaranteed as the vinyl manufacturing production process is delicate and susceptible to manufacturing disruptions.
- Rush options are not available at this time.
- All orders receive 4 test pressings.
- Test pressings ship approximately 8 weeks after approval of your art proofs.
- Test pressings are shipped to the delivery address entered at time of order, with a generic proof label and are packaged in plain white inner sleeves.
- Test pressings should not be used to gauge the quality of your mix or mastering work. Please make sure you are 100% happy with your recordings before submitting your master for vinyl manufacturing. If we need to create a new set of test pressings because of an error on the master you provided we will charge you $800 for mastering, plating, and a new set of test pressings.
- Test pressings are only used to catch any possible defects introduced during the plating process. You should listen for things like skips, pops, locked groves that cause repeats or excessive distortion. Please listen to your test pressings on a quality turntable. Quiet pops and clicks are normal. Super loud ones are not.
- Remember vinyl is meant to be dynamic - not “loud”. You should not expect your vinyl test pressings to be as “loud” as your digital files or CDs.
- We offer professional vinyl mastering at affordable rates.
Audio files accepted for vinyl mastering:
- 24- or 16-bit WAV files are preferred.
- You can upload DDP files or other audio formats or mail in physical masters.
Why press your vinyl records with Disc Makers?
Everything old is new again… Disc Makers was a pioneer in the vinyl business way back in 1940s and was synonymous with the highest quality record pressing for independent artists and labels in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. After a 10-year hiatus we’ve decided to apply our deep knowledge of vinyl pressing to serving today’s independent musicians – after all, the guys who ran our vinyl factory in the 80s and 90s still work for us today, and we continue to have one of the deepest vinyl skill sets in the industry.
When you want a major-label-quality vinyl package, Disc Makers delivers. We manufacture all of our vinyl records in the USA using vintage Hamilton record presses – quality presses that produce the finest records anywhere. And our records and jackets are crafted to perfection from only the finest materials, manufactured on the best presses, including full-color printing using only non-toxic, vegetable-based, biodegradable inks for a rich, vibrant look that is unsurpassed in the industry. Our experienced production staff performs a multitude of quality checks during the production process to ensure your master sounds optimal when mastered and pressed onto vinyl.
Our standard records weigh in at a generous 150 gram album weight.
In an industry where turn times are measured in months and fluctuate wildly, Disc Makers reliably delivers your records in about 16 weeks. And of course, every vinyl order comes with Disc Makers’ legendary customer service, delivered by our expert project managers.
Ready to press some records? We’re ready for you.
DETAILS: If you choose to send in graphics and master files (rather than upload them), please allow up to 3 additional days for file prep and proofing. Need more than 5,000? Call 1-866-468-9353 for volume pricing. See our full terms and conditions. See our shipping rates.