Get $20 off 200+ CDs in wallets or jackets until August 31! Learn more.

Cover Song Licensing

Effortless cover song licensing with Easy Song.

Cover Song Licensing
Easy Song

Professional song licensing for indie artists.

Manufacture and Distribute Your Cover Songs

Planning on releasing a cover song? You’ll need a license for that. Even if you don’t stand to profit from your release—you still need a mechanical license to release your cover song.

Our partner—Easy Song—can help you get a mechanical license for your cover songs. That means they’ll contact the copyright holders and help you obtain 100% of the rights you need to release any cover song.

Get 100% of the rights you need to release your new version of any song in 1-2 business days. Easy Song Licensing: Real people, free research, rights done right.

  1. Enter your song - Provide song title and artist.
  2. Pay $16.99 plus royalties - Buy online or over the phone.
  3. Get your licenses fast - 1-2 business days.

Fast, Easy, Complete

  • Legally release your version of any song in 1-2 business days.
  • You can talk to a real person who will handle everything for you.
  • Easy Song clears 100% of the rights you need, guaranteed.
  • You get Proof of Licensing in your email (PDF document).
  • Each request is securely saved online in your account.
  • Easy Song’s Seal of Authenticity provides peace of mind and fee-free reorders.

Pricing and Fees

  • $16.99 per song plus royalties.
  • Royalties vary by format. Easy Song provides an easy-to-use pricing calculator.
  • All royalties go to the copyright holder. Easy Song keeps only their fee.
  • Licensing many songs? Check out Easy Song’s volume discounts.
  • Half-price fees on reorders allow you to order just what you need and save money.

Do I need a cover song license?

Whenever you record a song that someone else wrote, you need to get permission from the copyright owners. This is true even if you are giving away your recording. Getting permission involves contacting the copyright owners for each song and it can be a real pain if you haven't done a lot of this. When you hire Easy Song, they take care of everything for you.

License your cover song with Easy Song.

Get started

Is your cover song in the "Public Domain"?

Find out here

What’s a mechanical license?

A mechanical license pays the songwriter or publisher who owns the copyright to a composition when you create and release your recording on CDs, digital downloads and streams, vinyl, cassettes, and even ringtones.

You need a mechanical license whenever you record and sell/give away a cover version of another musician’s song. Once you have that license secured you can legally distribute someone else’s composition.